[Rd] dyn.load (PR#9364)

tuke at senet.com.au tuke at senet.com.au
Wed Nov 15 07:27:05 CET 2006

Full_Name: Jonathan Tuke
Version: 2.4.0
OS: Mac OS X 10.4.8
Submission from: (NULL) (203.173.46.189)

I am writing C code to implement in R. I am using R CMD SHLIB and then
dyn.load("file.so"). The function I then call with .C("function"). Since I
installed the latest R version, I have found that if I alter my C code and
recompile, then use dyn.load("file.so"), the function in R is not updated but
remains as the previous code. I have tried dyn.unload, but when I use dyn.load()
the initially loaded code is used. The only way to load the updated c code is to
quit R and then reopen.

Thanks,
Jono