[Rd] Making Solaris 10 x86/x64 build of R available?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 8 19:00:45 CET 2006

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Tai-Wei (David) Lin wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've been working on a 32bit build of R on Solaris 10 x64. What are the
> steps for validate a build beyond make check?

make check-all is a more comprehensive test, including of the recommended
packages.

> Once I am ready to contribute a binary build / HowTo doc, who should I
> contact?

I doubt if there is a demand for a binary build: AFAIK all Solaris users
of R have the tools to build from the sources.

We do have a HowTo, the R-admin manual.  If you tell us what you did in
the format of the entries there for specific OSes, we will incorporate the
information.  (It is pretty much essential to know exactly which compilers
etc you used.) Several other people have built R on Solaris 10 on x86_64
(which is I presume what you mean) using the current R-admin instructions,
so please tell us about small changes that might be required on your
system (and why).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk