[Rd] eval(match.call()) (PR#9339)

marc_schwartz at comcast.net marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Fri Nov 3 23:01:57 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 22:41 +0100, p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk wrote:
> Marc Schwartz <marc_schwartz at comcast.net> writes:

<snip>

> > > *** buffer overflow detected ***: /usr/lib/R/bin/exec/R terminated
> > > /lib/libc.so.6(__chk_fail+0x41)[0x1f1161]
> > > /lib/libc.so.6[0x1f0617]

> > > does look like something that just Should Not Happen...

> > Peter, are you on FC6?
> > On FC5, I cannot replicate your crash:
> > > x <- quote(match.call())
> > > eval(x)
> > Error in match.call(definition, call, expand.dots) :
> >         '.Primitive...' is not a function
> > ?
>
> Yes, I'm on FC6 since yum had updated the 1229 packages this morning.
>
> I see the crash with the FC6 RPM but not with a self-compiled R-patched.

Are you using Martyn's RPM or Extras? Just wondering if there is any
difference. In theory, I suppose, given the prior communications with
Tom, there shouldn't be.

Also, was this a clean install of FC6 or an "in place upgrade" of FC5.
Officially, FC does not support the latter and I have seen mixed
comments on the FC lists pertaining to that path and associated issues.

Marc