[Rd] CRAN task views work only once per session (PR#9330)

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Thu Nov 2 13:39:14 CET 2006

One comment - taken from the FAQ - in advance:
  Bug reports on contributed packages should be sent first to the package
  maintainer, and only submitted to the R-bugs repository by package
  maintainers, mentioning the package in the subject line.

In this case, posting to R-devel (but not R-bugs) and Cc to me (as the
maintainer of ctv) would also have been ok.

As for your problem: On my Linux machine, the code

  library("ctv")
  x <- available.views(repos = "http://CRAN.uk.R-project.org")
  y <- available.views(repos = "http://CRAN.uk.R-project.org")

runs without any problem, x and y are also identical afterwards. As I
haven't got a Windows XP machine, could someone on the list please run the
code above and confirm (or disconfirm) that the second call takes longer
and finally finds no views.

thx in advance,