[Rd] (PR#9328) Error in optim(...) non-finite finite-difference

ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 1 08:56:33 CET 2006

No, this is not a bug in R, but a report to you by R of a problem with
your code.  It means that the difference of two values of your function
evaluated to a non-finite value when doing finite-differencing.
Non-finite values are Inf, -Inf or NaN.

There is nothing to reproduce here, your version of R is long obsolete and
you are asking a question.  Please do study the FAQ *before* posting an
unhelpful non-bug report like this.