[Rd] 2.3 issues on Mac (PR#8915)

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed May 31 00:24:34 CEST 2006

Ryan,

On May 30, 2006, at 5:06 PM, ryan at stat.berkeley.edu wrote:

> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.3/Resources/etc/ppc/
> Renviron and
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.3/Resources/etc/i386/
> Renviron
> both use /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current for
> LaTeX related variables. Could this be updated for i386 to take
> into account the
> teTeX intel binaries?

Thanks, fixed for the next build.

> Also, Makeconf is not setup to create universal binary libraries.
> Will this be done at some point?

It is (see "2.5 Sub-architectures" in R-admin).

> Lastly, R.mpkg crashes Apple's Remote Desktop 2.2 when installing
> on a client. I was wondering if anyone else sees this?

I don't have ARD, but since R.mpkg was created using PM and there are
no binaries involved, I'd guess this is an ARD bug. (Installation
using both command line and Installer.app works fine). Unless someone
donates an ARD license (it's rather costly) I can't do much - but if
you find the cause feel free to share it with us.

Cheers,
Simon

(PS: please don't open two bug-reports on the same issue[s])