[Rd] New probability law functions

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Wed May 17 05:02:10 CEST 2006

Dear developers,

I am currently writing, for a package of mine, {d,p,q,r}dist() functions for
some probability laws not already found in base R. I was wondering if the
Core Team would see any interest in having some or all the functions
integrated in base R. I'm talking here of distributions like the Pareto,
Burr, inverted gamma and, ultimately, four parameter transformed beta and
transformed gamma (as named in Klugman, Panjer & Willmot, Loss Models, Second
Edition, Wiley, 2004).

If there is interest, I will gladly contribute patches to relevant files. I'm
asking beforehand since my current implementation is simpler than what is
found in random.c and I would prefer to go one route or another.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

--
  Vincent Goulet, Associate Professor
  École d'actuariat