[Rd] Including a single function from a package

Ken Kelley KKIII at Indiana.Edu
Fri May 5 16:02:21 CEST 2006

Thank you both very much for your quick and helpful responses.

I added "Imports: MASS, gsl" to the DESCRIPTION file and that took care
of loading in the desired functions just fine. I went back and took
another look at the "Specifying imports and exports" section (section
1.6.1) of the Writing R Extensions manual and I do not see anything
about including an "Imports:" line in the DESCRIPTION file when
including an "importFrom" in the NAMESPACE file. Perhaps including this
information in a future update should be considered.

I was building the package on a machine that had a pre-release version
of R 2.3.0 (from some time ago). After updating to the released version
of 2.3, the warning about a "depreciated NULL environment" did not occur
and the package built just fine.

Thanks again and have a good day,
Ken

--