[Rd] example(ask = .) - default ?

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon May 1 16:07:08 CEST 2006

Diverting to R-devel.

After looking at more use cases, etc, I think I would like to
the change the default of 'ask'
from	   ask = dev.interactive(orNone = TRUE)   # as of two hours ago
to	   ask = echo && dev.interactive(orNone = TRUE)

since all the cases I've looked which specify  'echo = FALSE'
would also want 'ask = FALSE'.

Comments?

    FrPi> [Romain Francois]
    >>> [...] it would be useful to add an option 'ask' in
    >>> 'example', maybe with a default to TRUE in interactive
    >>> mode

    FrPi> Seconded.  `example(...)' would be more friendly for
    FrPi> the average use.