[Rd] compress defaults for save() and save.image()

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Thu Mar 30 21:32:16 CEST 2006

Ditto for me, with the following exceptions:

- I always use save(..., compress=TRUE), without exception.
- The only time I'd use save.image() is when I need to break a remote
connection on short notice.
- I have not used options() to set the default simply because I have not
figured out how exactly to do it.  From what I remember, the doc simply says
it can be done, but does not explicitly say how.

Andy

From: Roger D. Peng