[Rd] R 2.3.0 scheduled for April 24, Grand-Feature freeze is active

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Mar 27 16:14:27 CEST 2006

Peter Dalgaard <p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk> writes:

> The release of version 2.3.0 has been scheduled for April 24, 2006.
>
> The first alpha release should be available later today, once I have
> reviewed the build scripts.

Done. The first version is now sitting in

  http://biostat.ku.dk/~pd/R-pre

Further preliminary source releases will be made by a cron job at 4:05
(CET) each morning until release, provided the build process completes
without error. Notice that the releases are only MINIMALLY CHECKED, we
rely on your verification to get the remaining bugs out before the
final release.

They will be mirrored fairly quickly at the CRAN master site in
Vienna, but might not percolate to the rest of CRAN before a new
version has been made.