[Rd] How to capture t-score and p-values from t.test

Kjetil Brinchmann Halvorsen kjetilbrinchmannhalvorsen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 21:57:50 CET 2006

Bernzweig, Bruce (Exchange) wrote:
> When I do t.test on two distributions (see example below), it outputs
> numerous data about the t.test.
>
> What I'd like to do is individually capture some of this data and assign
> it to other variables.
>
> However, I am unable to find anything in the help section.

t.test returns an object of class "htest", but ?htest :
 > ?htest
No documentation for 'htest' in specified packages and libraries:
you could try 'help.search("htest")'
but that does not do anythinh eiather.

Some time ago, I wrote a helpfile for htest, but that was rejected,
since "S3 classes are not usually documented".

Kjetil