[Rd] How to capture t-score and p-values from t.test

Bernzweig, Bruce (Exchange) bbernzwe at bear.com
Fri Mar 24 21:00:17 CET 2006

When I do t.test on two distributions (see example below), it outputs
numerous data about the t.test.

What I'd like to do is individually capture some of this data and assign
it to other variables.

However, I am unable to find anything in the help section.

In the example below, the t value is -4.0441 and the p-value is 0.006771

How can I assign these values to two variables, let's say tVal and pVal?

Thanks,

- Bruce

> t.test(d[1], d[2], var.equal=TRUE)

        Two Sample t-test

data:  d[1] and d[2]

t = -4.0441, df = 6, p-value = 0.006771

alternative hypothesis: true difference in means is not equal to 0

95 percent confidence interval:

 -5.216430 -1.283570

sample estimates:

mean of x mean of y