[Rd] multiple packages using the same native code.

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Mar 17 05:32:44 CET 2006

James Bullard <bullard at berkeley.edu> writes:

> Seth, thanks for the advice. This solution seems like it might work,
> but then all errors occur at runtime rather than at compile time.

I'm sure you could still create some compile time errors ;-)
Yes, doing things dynamically means you won't catch nearly as much at
compile time.  I think with some reasonable testing this really isn't
so bad.

Another option would be to develop a separate C library and have the
configure scripts for 'A' and 'B' find where it is installed.