[Rd] R started in terminal shell script or ESS steps on LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Wed Mar 8 23:48:28 CET 2006

I am _not_ an expert on bash. But as far as I know, .bashrc is not
read when you have a login session, whereas .bash_profile is. I have
never really understood the deep differences between the two - I only
have some superficial understanding. But for my purposes I just have a
   source .bashrc
in my .bash_profile script. In that way I set the same variables no
matter what kind of session I have (clearly, I only use .bashrc).

There are important differences when you want to run a program at
login, but you do not want to run it every time you start up a shell.
But simply for setting environment variables, this ought to work.

Perhaps this helps? Or perhaps this is something deeper than the
simple issue outlined above.

/Kasper