[Rd] Expanding partial names

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 16:27:06 CET 2006

The original code was not intended to be fully finished.
It was just to give the idea so I left out the error checking.
Adding such a check is just a matter of adding an if
statement to check the pmatch for NA:

wrapper <- function(...) {
  args <- list(...)
  if (length(args)) {
     nf <- names(formals(lowlevel))
     idx <- pmatch(names(args), nf)
     if (any(is.na(idx)))
        stop(paste("Invalid names used:", names(args)[is.na(idx)]))
     nams <- nf[idx]
     args <- replace(list(longname = 2), nams, args)
  }
  do.call("lowlevel", args)
}

wrapper(long = 3)