[Rd] double pointer matrix

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 7 14:37:25 CET 2006

Please don't do malloc inside C code like this - it won't interact too
well with the garbage collector in R, and your program probably will
either leak or crash or both... and when are you going to do your
free()?

What you want is do is to delete that malloc line and do the
allocation on the R side, something like this (the first line does
the equivalent of your malloc allocation):

y <- double(n)
y <- .C("retMat", as.double(y), as.double(n), as.double(m),
as.double(a), as.double(b))[1]

HTL