[Rd] R does not have friendly GUI (PR#8656)

Romain Francois francoisromain at free.fr
Sat Mar 4 11:20:30 CET 2006

Le 04.03.2006 09:18, towsonu2003 at gmail.com a écrit :
> Full_Name:
> Version: 2.1.1
> OS: Linux (Ubuntu 5.10)
> Submission from: (NULL) (136.160.174.71)
>
> R does not have a friendly gui from where all functions can be accessed by
> "point-and-click". Existing one I could try (tk) is too simple.
>
> The friendly gui should also include a spreadsheet-like data-viewer as well as a
> data-output (exportable tables) and a graphics-output modules (the latter
> already exits).
Hi,

Do you also want to be able to type :
PROC UNIVARIATE ....
in R ?

What you described is *so* not a bug. You have not tried hard enough.

There are gui for R : JGR, sciviews, Rcmdr, etc ....
You can export results in HTML (package R2HTML), to latex (package xtable).
If the features therein are not completely satisfying your needs, you
can contribute something, as you know it is open source.

Romain

--
visit the R Graph Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques
Discover the R Movies Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/movies