[Rd] Build directory path saved in Meta/hsearch.rds

José Matos jaomatos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 21:32:00 CET 2006

Hi,
  in Fedora Extras we build R packages to a temporary directory. The
relevant section in
the spec file is this:

%build
cd ..; R CMD INSTALL %{packname} -l %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/R/library

It works. :-)

We noticed one problem though (I will assume working on ix86 here) the
temporary build path is saved in
/usr/lib/R/library/*/Meta/hsearch.rds, i.e. for each package.

To see this is enough to run strings over these file.

Is this a security concern? Does R uses this path in any way?

In case the answer is yes, it is safe to run sed over this file and do
a textual replacement?

Thanks and best regards,
--
José Matos