[Rd] UTF-8 and .Rd files

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Tue Jun 27 20:01:13 CEST 2006

Hello, Göran:

	  Have you considered the German solution:  "Goeran"?  (e.g., Wuertz
for Würtz)?

	  Be thankful that you aren't Russian or Greek or Arabic or Chinese,
etc., for which there may be no standard transliteration into the Latin
alphabet.

	  Sorry I can't be more helpful.

	  Spencer Graves
p.s.  When I'm with native Spanish speakers who don't know English, I
pronounce my name very differently, like "Espencer Gra-ve", to match how
they would pronounce my name when they see it written.  Similarly, I
once heard a French Canadian take about his young son, Guillaume.  If
you ask him in English, "What's your name?" he replies, "Bill".  If you
ask the same question in French, he replies, "Guillaume".