[Rd] NAMESPACE and bundle

Paul Gilbert pgilbert at bank-banque-canada.ca
Thu Jun 22 15:47:03 CEST 2006

Iago

There is a problem that bundle checking works slightly differently than
individual package checking in this regard.  I think it has to do with
when the namespace gets registered, or something like that. As I recall,
the work around is to explicitely require  the package in the test files
for it. I.e. put
  require("pac")
in all the files in pac/tests.   If that does not work, let me know and
I will look more carefully to find what I had to do.

Paul

Iago Mosqueira wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>I have a package that passes R CMD check, and shows no problems when using all its methods as declared in NAMESPACE. When this package is added to a bundle, which already consists of 5 packages, the examples in the Rd pages thta call a number of methods fail during the bundle check. These all passed when check is run on this package alone. Other packages in the bundle are very similar, in that all import all S4 classes and methods from the first package (using import("FLCore") in NAMESPACE) in the bundle, and export their own overloaded methods.
>
>If I run check on a mini-bundle consisting only of the main package (FLCore) and this problematic package, it shows no problem. So I assume a problem of NAMESPACE conflict is the culprit, but experimnting with various package combinations, to try and isolate the conflict, has not worked. This package seems to conflict with every other secondary package.
>
>I am dealing with internal dependencies by adding a require(FLCore) line to the .onLoad() call in zzz.R
>
>Can anybody point me at what to look for? What could be the reason for this problem?
>
>I hope the explanation was clear enough. Many thanks,
>

>Iago
>

>Dr. Iago Mosqueira
>
>Marine Research Division
>AZTI Tecnalia
>Txatxarramendi Ugartea, z/g
>48395 Sukarrieta - Bizkaia
>Spain
>
>+34 946 029 448
>+34 946 029 400
>+34 946 029 401 (Fax)
>
>imosqueira at suk.azti.es
>http://www.azti.es/

La version française suit le texte anglais.