[Rd] MacOS X - R crashes & import problem (PR#9005)

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Jun 19 13:58:53 CEST 2006

On Jun 19, 2006, at 11:43 AM, oliver.balmer at yale.edu wrote:

> Full_Name: Oliver Balmer
> Version: 2.3.1
> OS: Mac OS 10.4.6
> Submission from: (NULL) (
> when working in the editor R crashes regularly. no other program
> ever crashes. one quite reliable way to crash it is by marking some
> code and then pressing the "find" command.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this problem. A very common source
of problems are 3rd-party haxies that are know to crash other
applications. Please send me the crash report - without it we can't
really do anything (it will also include important details you
omitted like what Mac you are using etc.).

> Another bug: if the imported data frame contains a µ (greek mu, as
> in microliter), R can't read the file.

I cannot reproduce this either, it works flawlessly for me. As Peter
mentioned earlier my guess is that you failed to use/define the
correct encoding.