[Rd] MacOS X - R crashes & import problem (PR#9005)

oliver.balmer at yale.edu oliver.balmer at yale.edu
Mon Jun 19 11:43:16 CEST 2006

Full_Name: Oliver Balmer
Version: 2.3.1
OS: Mac OS 10.4.6
Submission from: (NULL) (157.161.74.75)

when working in the editor R crashes regularly. no other program ever crashes.
one quite reliable way to crash it is by marking some code and then pressing the
"find" command. I have had this problem with other R versions before. I have the
feeling the editor is the problem. Another problem with the editor is that I
always need to hit the carriage return twice after inserting the cursor at a
certain point, after the first time, nothing happens. Not a big problem but
probably not as it should be, and maybe a hint for a deeper problem.

Another bug: if the imported data frame contains a µ (greek mu, as in
microliter), R can't read the file.