[Rd] Making a windows packages with zip

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 11:56:26 CEST 2006

In the past I have been able to make windows packages (containing only
R code) from my mac by simply zipping the installed package directory,
eg.

R CMD install asmrsim
cd ~/Library/R/library/
zip -r9X asmrsim asmrsim

(using code copied from this list, from Duncan Murdoch, I think)

However, since 2.3.0, windows users now get the following error:

Error in library(pkg, character.only = TRUE) :
       'asmrsim' is not a valid package -- installed < 2.0.0?

Obviously, the zip file was a hack in the first place, but is there
any way to continue to make windows packages easily, or should I grit
my teeth and install the cross compilation tool chain?

Thanks,

Hadley