[Rd] Helping out - simple bugs to help familiarize with R design, source, etc

Kevin B. Hendricks kevin.hendricks at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 2 17:36:31 CEST 2006

Hi All,

Well I finally have found the time to get svn working and I have
successfully built my own tuned atlas (multi-threaded version) libs
and have both the r-devel and r-patched trees building daily on my box.

The problem is I still do not have a good idea of the layout and
design of R, and typically I "learn by doing" by trying to fix a bug
that hits me.  Unfortunately ;-) no bugs have hit me (which indicates
how good the current software really is!) other than the small build
issue I sent a pseudo-patch for earlier.

I tried to look at your bug database but I found it hard to tell what
was really relevant.  So could someone who knows please point me at
one or two minor or annoying bugs they want to have tracked down and
fixed.  Fixing those will force me to become more familiar with the
source code and help me learn my way around before jumping in further.

Duncan, sorry about not getting in touch with you last week, I simply
have been overwhelmed with trying to clean up and pack up my office,
return computer equipment and the like.  I will try again next week
once I am back in the office.

Thanks,

Kevin