[Rd] Making a patch

Andrew Robinson A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Jul 24 03:39:00 CEST 2006

Thanks Gregor,

I will go ahead with that unless anyone has any other advice or preferences.

Cheers

Andrew

On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 11:37:42PM +0000, Gregor Gorjanc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Andrew Robinson <A.Robinson <at> ms.unimelb.edu.au> writes:
> >
> > Dear R developers,
> >
> > is there a preferred format or strategy for making a patch to
> > contribute to a package that is maintained by R-core?  Berwin Turlach
> > and I have written a very minor extension to lmeControl to allow it to
> > pass an argument to nlminb for the maximum number of evaluations of
> > the objective function.  I've edited the nlme/R/lme.R and
> > nlme/man/lmeControl.Rd files.  I can diff the files, but the options
> > seem numerous.  I haven't been able to find any hinst on the preferred
> > approach.  Any advice would be welcomed.
> >

> look at
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.devel/8858
>
> perhaps this (with modifications if necesarry) could be added to developer page
>
> http://developer.r-project.org/
>
> Afterall, there is a good guide on posting mails to r-mailing lists and it would
> be good to have the same for pacthes.
>
> Gregor

Andrew Robinson
Department of Mathematics and Statistics            Tel: +61-3-8344-9763
University of Melbourne, VIC 3010 Australia         Fax: +61-3-8344-4599
Email: a.robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au         http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au