[Rd] documentation for argument to screen (PR#9085)

dgrove at fhcrc.org dgrove at fhcrc.org
Tue Jul 18 16:44:16 CEST 2006

Full_Name: Doug Grove
Version: 2.3.1 patched  (2006-07-03 r38485)
OS: Windows
Submission from: (NULL) (24.19.37.159)

A msg. to R-help prompted me to read the help page for split.screen/screen,
etc.
I understand what the function is for, but could not find information that
described how the argument 'n' in screen/erase.screen/close.screen is mapped to
the regions on the device.  All we are told is e.g. screen(1) prepares the first
region for plotting - but which region is region 1??  Obviously this can be
figured out by playing around with the function, but a description of how the
regions are numbered would make a nice addition.

Thanks!
Doug