[Rd] chron vs. POSIX

Sebastian Luque spluque at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 22:53:29 CEST 2006

Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

On 14 July 2006 at 14:38, Sebastian Luque wrote:
| If Gabor's recommendations are to be followed, wouldn't it make sense to
| include chron in base R?  Given that flexibility for handling time

Future historians will provide a fuller account of the extended debates, but
my reading of these discussions here over the last few years leaves me with
the impression that Gabor is arguing for chron in a manner that is
simultaneously informed, polite, persistent and yet ... utterly isolated.

Date and POSIXt have served me well over the last few years. They are
maintained and being extended [ 1 ]. Chron, to the best of my knowledge, is
dead code so I'd bet against it appearing in core R any time soon.

Regards, Dirk

[ 1 ] I had some pleasant exchanges with Brian Ripley where I was able to
suggest a few extension relative to the new millisecond granularity in POSIXt
and its interfaces.

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison

--
Seb