[Rd] [R] Date Format

Martyn Plummer plummer at iarc.fr
Tue Jul 11 19:39:22 CEST 2006

I moved this to R-devel because I am wondering why the base package does
not allow you to convert from numeric to Date. Could we not have
something like this?

as.Date.numeric <- function(x, epoch="1970-01-01", ...) {
   if (!is.character(epoch) || length(epoch) != 1)
      stop("invalid epoch")
   as.Date(epoch, ...) + x
}

Martyn