[Rd] R installation glitches.
ben.bob at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 18:14:02 CEST 2006
I installed R 2.3.1 on a solaris machine. The first time, I used the
wrong option --enable-shlib, the installation went smoothly (glitch
1), but of course did not generate libR.so. So, I ran ./configure
again with --enable-R-shlib, make and make install went well but still
there was no libR.so generated (glitch 2). Finally, I removed the
build directory and started fresh, and everything went well.
I should have used the correct options, or should have used make
distclean afterwards, but the fact that configure/make did not
complain may be considered as bugs.
More information about the R-devel