[Rd] problem with batch mode (PR#9062)

tenney at cse.wustl.edu tenney at cse.wustl.edu
Wed Jul 5 20:35:32 CEST 2006

I have a perl script that constructs some large R script files and
runs R in batch mode with the R scripts.  It seems to work ok for a
while then starts throwing errors like this whenever I try to run R
in batch mode:

/usr/lib64/R/bin/BATCH: line 52:  7875 Broken pipe             ( echo
"invisible(options(echo = TRUE))"; cat ${in}; echo ''; echo "proc.time
()" )
       7876 Segmentation fault      | ${R_HOME}/bin/R ${opts} $
{R_BATCH_OPTIONS} >${out} 2>&1

I have had the same problem on the linux and osX versions of R.  Is
this a known bug?

Thanks,

Aaron Tenney