[Rd] --gui=Tk window does not stretch (PR#8520)

greg.kochanski@phon.ox.ac.uk greg.kochanski at phon.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 24 00:40:12 CET 2006

Full_Name: Greg Kochanski
Version: 2.2.0
OS: Debian Linux
Submission from: (NULL) (212.159.16.190)

When you grab the corner of the Tk-R (R's console) window,
the window stretches, but the useable area does not.
It remains firmly fixed at the (rather small) value of
24 lines.

In fact, you end up with a grey border  of wasted pixels
around the active white area that contains the text.

(And, please don't tell me that it's not a bug because
it's been that way for 15 years, or because the S
documentation states that the terminal window is
24 lines high.   That would shatter my dreams
and illusions.)