[Rd] Minumum memory requirements to run R.

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Mon Jan 23 17:10:34 CET 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Hin-Tak Leung wrote:

> Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
>> We know: we even document it in the appropriate places.
>
> I went and have a look - it is the last section of R-admin (and of
> course, for those who "read the source", R/include/Rinternals.h). It
> would be good to mention this in the FAQ (which it doesn't, or maybe I
> didn't look hard enough), or the beginning of R-admin?

It's not in the FAQ because it isn't a FAQ (yet).

If you use the PDF manual it is in the table of contents on page i.

In the HTML manual it is admittedly less clear: there isn't a table of
contents and there is nothing obvious in the index. To some extent this is
a problem with all the manuals. The structure in the .texi file isn't
translated well to HTML form by the makeinfo tools.

 	-thomas