[Rd] nls profiling with algorithm="port" may violate bounds (PR#8508)

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Jan 22 01:58:57 CET 2006

Dear Professors. Bolker & Ripley:

       Thank you both very much for all your creativity and hard work
both in your generall contributions to human knowledge and specifically
for helping make R the great thing it is today.  I had not seen a reply
to that email in several days, so I made time to check it out.  When I
replicated the error, I thought it my duty to report same.  I know
that's more appropraite with "r-help" than with "r-devel", but I thought
such a comment might help someone.  I certainly did NOT want to add to
someones' workload a requirement to reply to my comment.

       Thanks again,
       spencer graves