[Rd] R CMD check, NAMESPACE, import: bad error?

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Jan 20 16:41:12 CET 2006

On 19 Jan 2006, ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk wrote:

> We do recommend you try INSTALLing and loading the package before R
> CMD check.  The most common problem I have found is that the DSO/DLL
> cannot be loaded, and there loading will give a more extensive error
> message.

Yes, the package INSTALLs and loads just fine.

Actually, one sees the same error message for a package without a
DSO/DLL...

But DSO/DLL loading does seem to be related.  I'm only seeing the
issue when the package that is imported contains a DSO/DLL.

I've created two versions of a very simple 'hello world' package.  The
first imports RUnit and passes check.  The second imports Biobase
and does not pass check.

http://bioconductor.fhcrc.org/developers/examples/

Perhaps someone can see if they see the same thing and/or point out an
error in my package setup.

R.version
               _
platform       powerpc-apple-darwin8.4.0
arch           powerpc
os             darwin8.4.0
system         powerpc, darwin8.4.0
status         Under development (unstable)
major          2
minor          3.0
year           2006
month          01
day            15
svn rev        37092
language       R
version.string Version 2.3.0 Under development (unstable) (2006-01-15 r37092)