[Rd] Saving a plot in R-LINUX

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 13 03:10:01 CET 2006

That does not save the current plot though, and dev.copy() and
dev.print() can do so.  They _are_ in the manual Dirk pointed you at.

Windows versions of R have other options, e.g. savePlot() and menu items
to save the plot, and my guess is that is what
'Augusto.Sanabria at ga.gov.au' has seen.

I don't see what this has to do with this list rather than R-help, though.

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 13 January 2006 at 11:02, Augusto.Sanabria at ga.gov.au wrote:
> | Is there any way to save a plot produced by
> | R in a LINUX (Debian) machine?
>
> It is the same on every platform and ...
>
> | The window opened by R to put the plot in,
> | does not give any option to save it (there
> | are options to move, close, minimise it, etc.

Those `options' are from your X11 Window Manager, not from R.