[Rd] trouble with R CMD SHLIB on winXP

j. signorovitch jcygnaro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 01:27:22 CET 2006

Hi,

Has anyone come across this difficulty using R-2.2.1 in Windows XP:

when I try to run

R CMD SHLIB mycode.c

I get the response:

"The system cannot execute the specified program."

I've tried installing all windows updates, reinstalling R and putting
"R-2.2.1\bin" at the head of my path.

Googling that error message leads to lots of stuff about *.manifest
files.  The Rgui.exe.manifest etc. files are in my /bin directory.

Funny thing is I have been using SHLIB for ~2 years on this system, up
to several month ago, without difficulty.

Thanks,

Jacob