[Rd] Links to non-vignette documentation

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 04:40:48 CET 2006

I haven't followed this whole thread but note that if your
package is called mypkg then you can create an .Rd
file called mypkg-package.Rd which will be called up
when the user issues:

package?mypkg

and that can contain links to whatever you are
interested in.

Try

library(dyn)
package?dyn

for an example.  The R command, promptPackage, can be
used to facilitate the creation of the -package.Rd file.