[Rd] Citation of R packages

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Sat Feb 11 00:32:17 CET 2006

Even if a CITATION file is included, there is an issue of what to put
in it.
Authorship of a book or paper is not always the simple matter that might
appear.  With an R package, it can be a far from simple matter.  We are
trying to adapt a tool, surely, that was designed for different
purposes.

1. I'd like to see the definition of a new BibTeX entry type that has
fields for
additional author details and version number. There is surely some
mechanism for getting agreement on a new entry type.

2. In any case, there's a message for maintainers of packages to include
CITATION files that reflect what they want to appear in any citation,
with
citation("lattice") as maybe a suitable model?

John.

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Mathematical Sciences Institute, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.