[Rd] R 2.2.1 installation trouble on SGI/Sun (PR#8575)

Brian D Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 8 11:29:51 CET 2006

Thank you for the reply.  Setting these variables explicitly on the make
install line should help.

I have a guess at the shell problem.  Configure contains

if test -z ${rdocdir}; then
  rdocdir='${rhome}/doc'
fi

and maybe test -z is broken.  Does it help to add quotes as in

if test -z "${rdocdir}"; then

?  (I have a recollection of such problems under Solaris 7 when we ran
it, and a recollection that autoconf picks ksh as its shell on Solaris.)