[Rd] a generic 'attach'?

Roger Peng rpeng at jhsph.edu
Sun Feb 5 15:17:27 CET 2006

I think having a generic attach might be useful in the end.  But I agree
that some more thought needs to go into how such a generic would behave.
  I've always avoided using `attach()' precisely because I didn't fully
understand the semantics.

One related possibility would be to create a method for `with()' (which
is already generic) which would work on (in my case) "filehash"
databases.  It still wouldn't be quite as nice as `attach()' for
interactive work but it could serve some purposes.

-roger

--
Roger D. Peng  |  http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~rpeng/