[Rd] Windows binary package builder and checker

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sat Dec 23 18:02:08 CET 2006

Dear R-devel readers,

a machine has been set up that provides services for non-Windows users
to check their source packages under Windows and compile a Windows
binary without having to go the CRAN way.
This is intended to
  a) provide the service for users who do not (yet) want to submit a
package to CRAN and
  b) allow users to test and check their packages before finally
uploading to CRAN.

In particular those who asked me from time to time to look at their
package can just use this automated service.

For details about the service and how to use it, please read
http://129.217.207.166/index.htm

As stated on that page, you are using this service on your own risk and
we do not guarantee privacy nor confidentiality.

Thanks for comments and suggestions to Torsten Hothorn, Duncan Murdoch,
Paul Murrell, Brian Ripley and Simon Urbanek.
Thanks to the University of Dortmund for funding the machine,
electricity, space and bandwidth.

Best,
Uwe Ligges