[Rd] Mailing lists R-devel and R-core .. moderation

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Dec 18 09:27:11 CET 2006

Because of spam, increasingly slipping through all our filters,
I've changed the configurations of the R-devel and R-core
mailing lists {and will do the same for those R-SIG-* lists that I maintain},
such that only subcribers can freely post.

Everyone else's post will have to wait on moderator's approval,
at least for the first message they send to the corresponding
list. We'll see how this goes, before considering further actions.

For R-help, nothing will change: Since it should be open to
everyone including newbies, a requirement to first become a
subscriber before posting is too severe; and we don't have the
24 x 7 hour resources for manual moderation there.

Martin Maechler,
ETH Zurich