[Rd] passing matrix as argument to a C function

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 3 09:25:09 CET 2006

The data in an R matrix is not stored as double **A, but as double *A: it
is just a vector in R, with attributes.

There are lots of examples of manipulating R matrixes via .C: one is
src/library/stats/src/kmeans.c.

The code for crossprod is not at all hard to find: it is in
src/main/array.c.  However, is just a call to an LAPACK function.
The code there for matprod would be more informative.