[Rd] R 2.4.1 scheduled for December 18

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Dec 3 02:24:19 CET 2006

On 1 December 2006 at 14:00, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
| The R Core Team has decided to aim for the release of 2.4.1 on Monday
| December 18. This involves a feature freeze on Monday the 4th and code
| freeze on Monday 11th. Automated builds of beta release and release
| candidate tarballs will be available from the 5th and the 12th,
| respectively.
|
| It is not expected that many changes will occur relative to the current
| R-patched version, but as always:
|
| --->  Bugs reported before the release have a better chance of getting
| fixed soon. <---

FWIW, a R-patched snapshot (of Nov 25) is also in Debian unstable and
provides an easy one-shot 'apt-get install' way to test a new-ish R.
Following past practice, I also intend to release one or two release
candidates for 2.4.1 prior to its release.

Regards, Dirk

--
I am sorry if I replied later than usually to your email, but for the last
few days Comcast acted as an Internet NON-Service provider. -- Dirk