[Rd] MS installer version of R for Windows

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 15 12:46:06 CEST 2006

We've had requests from time to time from sysadmins who want a MSI version
of R.  My sysadmins did recently, and David del Campo made one for R-2.3.0
using the WiX toolkit.  I've now scripted this, and it is part of the
R-devel and R-patched sources.

Duncan Murdoch is on vacation, and I don't know if we will decide to
distribute an MSI version.  But in case anyone needs one before 2.4.0 is
released, I've put up

http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/R-2.3.1pat-win32.msi

Note that this is not intended to replace the Inno Setup installer, and
anyone who needs it will know what to do with it.  (The local need is for
remote installation/updates using RIS.)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk