[Rd] solving nonlinear equations

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Aug 10 11:12:33 CEST 2006

	  Have you tried writing a function to compute SS = sum of squares
deviations between the the left and right hand sides of your three
equations, then using 'optim'?  See also Venables and Ripley (2002)
Modern Applied Statistics with S, 4th ed. (Springer).

	  hope this helps.
	  Spencer Graves
p.s.  I don't see how it's obvious that 'a=-c'.