[Rd] Pb with contrib.url() (PR#9131)

hpages at fhcrc.org hpages at fhcrc.org
Mon Aug 7 20:34:09 CEST 2006

Hi lists,

Recently I needed to download a few R packages for Unix, Windows
and Mac OS X. The idea was to put them all together on a USB key
in order to be able to install them on systems without network connection.

It worked fine for the "src" and "win.binary" packages but I had the
following problems with the "mac.binary" packages:

     > download.packages("XML", destdir=".", type="mac.binary")
    Warning: unable to access index for repository
    http://cran.fhcrc.org/bin/macosx/x86_64/contrib/2.3
    Warning in download.packages("XML", destdir = ".", type =
    "mac.binary") :
             no package 'XML' at the repositories
         [,1] [,2]

The pb seems to be in contrib.url():

     > contrib.url(getOption("repos"), "mac.binary")
    [1] "http://cran.fhcrc.org/bin/macosx/x86_64/contrib/2.3"

I'm using R 2.3.1:

     > sessionInfo()
    Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)
    x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

    attached base packages:
    [1] "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"
    "datasets"
    [7] "base"

The same pb occurs with R devel (r38641).

Cheers,

H.

--
Hervé Pagès