[Rd] C++ in an R package

Selwyn-Lloyd McPherson smcphers at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 3 07:30:42 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I've read the manual on implementing C++ in R but I must be tripping
over something simple. I am just trying to run a simple "Hello World"
program from R and I understand how to call the function andhave no
problem getting the package to install and, but should I expect .so
files in the package directory? I see the "build" command creates
them in src but they don't appear in the src file once the library is
installed. How do I point R to those files (in .First.lib?) in order
to load them before using .C()?

I'm sorry if this is clear to everyone else, I'm just struggling with
it.

Thanks so much,
Selwyn-Lloyd McPherosn