[Rd] Installation oddity on Fedora Core 5 (PR#8814)

sudiptob at biostat.umn.edu sudiptob at biostat.umn.edu
Thu Apr 27 18:10:41 CEST 2006

Hello guys:

I recently installed FC 5 linux and installed R from source. It installed
fine, but there was an oddity that I want to report. Although I used

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/R-2.3.0

make

it did not seem to recognize the prefix and went ahead and installed it in
the source directory -- I usually ``tar xzf'' it to my home directory
and run the installation scripts from there (as root) to install to
/usr/local/R-2.3.0

This procedure worked fine on earlier versions of Fedora as well as on
debian and other distros. Wonder if this is a gcc-4.1 or GNU make issue.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Tx.

Sudipto.

Sudipto Banerjee, PhD,